105 Ways to Give a Book

MotherReader Goes to New York City

Yes, folks it’s true. I will wrap up MotherReader week with a trip to New York City for kid lit drink night, as brought to you by Fuse#8. There I will lift a glass and toast all of you for your encouragement and suggestions.

As a mom, it’s hard to do something that’s just for me. It’s always about the kids, the husband, the extended family, the job, the Girl Scouts, the house... on and on. So, thanks to everyone who told me to take the trip. It really helped. Special thanks to Chris who sent a link to a bus company that goes directly from DC to NYC for twenty bucks. I’m going to give it a try. And also a special thanks to an illustrator who’s going to make sure I get back safely to my friend’s house in the Village.

For today’s MotherReader week celebration... um, post... I point you to the article in School Library Journal by Liz from A.C.A.F.A.A.T.C. (I know she doesn’t use that acronym, but it tickles me anyway). I am mentioned as one of the blogs to visit. I was glad to find myself a frequent visitor of the other blogs on the list. Except for one, and that is totally my fault and I will correct it immediately.

If you haven’t read my favorite curse word yet, there’s still time to go to my interview and... y’know, make a comment of some sort. Because comments are like little virtual Mother(Reader)’s day cards.

Just to top off the day, there are new pictures from Mo’s site. I like the Pigeon and Leonardo, but Knuffle Bunny looks like he needs some serious snuggling to soften him up. Or maybe a spin in the washer.

10 comments:

Franki said...

So glad you are going to NYC! Have a great time.
We are celebrating Mother Reader Week on our blog too! A great holiday that should be shared;-)

Kelly said...

Yay, MR! I'm so happy you get to go. I know what you mean about those trips away from it all. Never really happens. Enjoy!!

ZG said...

MR:

Have a fabulous Big Apple weekend for all of us!

ZG

Unknown said...

Hey, you are coming to my city. Its great!!

And hey, have a look at this family ecards

Anonymous said...

I have three sons, so I don't understand why you could possibly need to get away to nyc (I swear I'm not counting the minutes until I get on the train)...

Glad you are getting to go!

Magpie said...

Have a great time here in NYC - a good place to use your favorite curse word!

Anonymous said...

Dude, I'm so happy for you. I relate to the doing-stuff-for-everyone-else-as-a-Mama thing. Yesterday, I took a moment for myself -- at, uh, the Starbucks down the road. Wish it were NYC instead. Have fun!

Liz B said...

aarrghhh...

this weekend I work. cannot change schedules. damn.

Chris said...

I left a comment/advice on the "should I go or should I stay post". Cheers.

Jone said...

Have a great time in NYC. I wish I lived closer. Love that city It is difficult to break away. My bday was in January too.