105 Ways to Give a Book

The Challenge Is SO On

Have you ever worried that you would throw a party and no one would come? Well, I have to say, I was a little hesitant to throw down a challenge and see who would come. But I laugh in the face of hesitant. I scoff, even. Thus I find myself with a tidy little list of participants in the 48 Hour Book Challenge.

The players so far:Sending their best regards are Book Buds, Gotta Book (who reminds me that he has never done a book review), Kids Lit, Semicolon, and YA Books Central. Check back with me guys, because I am working on an idea to let you show your support, and play just a little bit. If I didn’t list you and I should have, please comment below.

I’ll put up an updated post of players next Friday, and the final rules and information on Thursday, June 15th. There’s still time to join in, so nudge your book-blogging friends and neighbors. And, of course, notify the press, because this is on, baby.

6 comments:

Kim / POWER OF RUN said...

I review at YA Books Central. I might play along informally. I'm way behind on chapter book reviews, so I'll probably review chapter books, which would not fall into the MG and YA specifications of your challenge. But, I'll do these reviews the same weekend as your challenge.

Becky said...

I wasn't listed among the supportive types, but as a homeschooling mother of three kids under age nine and a farm wife who never knows when she'll end up on a tractor or heading to town for parts (or planting 1,000 trees, or rounding up recalcitrant cattle) -- and who entertains the thought, however amusing, that her farmer husband might whisk her away that weekend to a B&B to celebrate their 12th anniversary -- I'm intrigued to learn that there might be modified (er, highly modified?) version.

But I'm definitely drooling just thinking about reading all the results...

fusenumber8 said...

By the way, thank you for making it the week-end before the ALA Conference in New Orleans. Had it been after I might not have had the energy to partake.

Bkbuds said...

If there is a "modified" way to do it, I'm in. Otherwise, I'll do a few picture book reviews and read everyone else's stuff from the sidelines.

Good luck to all the challengers!

AnnieM said...

I would love to join as well. It has been ages since I challenged myself like this. I guess that my amateur blog is going pro.

tanita✿davis said...

I might play along too, if you accept amateur non-librarian types. We team blog/review at ReadingYA, so it might not be technically fair, but how cool to discover all of you anyway!